__ Cup

This crossword clue is for the definition: __ Cup.
it’s A 6 letters crossword puzzle definition.
Next time, when searching for online help with your puzzle, try using the search term “__ Cup crossword” or “__ Cup crossword clue”. The possible answerss for __ Cup are listed below.

Did you find what you needed?
We hope you did!.

Possible Answers: WORLD.

Last seen on: LA Times Crossword 5 May 19, Sunday

Random information on the term “__ Cup”:

A Pythagorean cup (also known as a Pythagoras cup, Greedy Cup, Tantalus cup or i koupa tis dikaiosynis) is a practical joke device in a form of a drinking cup, credited to Pythagoras of Samos.[citation needed] When it is filled beyond a certain point, a siphoning effect causes the cup to drain its entire contents through the base.

A Pythagorean cup looks like a normal drinking cup, except that the bowl has a central column in it, giving it a shape like a Bundt pan. The central column of the bowl is positioned directly over the stem of the cup and over the hole at the bottom of the stem. A small open pipe runs from this hole almost to the top of the central column, where there is an open chamber. The chamber is connected by a second pipe to the bottom of the central column, where a hole in the column exposes the pipe to (the contents of) the bowl of the cup.When the cup is filled, liquid rises through the second pipe up to the chamber at the top of the central column, following Pascal’s principle of communicating vessels. As long as the level of the liquid does not rise beyond the level of the chamber, the cup functions as normal. If the level rises further, however, the liquid spills through the chamber into the first pipe and out the bottom. Gravity then creates a siphon through the central column, causing the entire contents of the cup to be emptied through the hole at the bottom of the stem. Some modern toilets operate on the same principle: when the water level in the bowl rises high enough, a siphon is created, flushing the toilet.[citation needed]


New Crossword clues and help App now available in the App Store and Google Play Store!
Crossword clues app Android Crossword clues app iphone iOs

__ Cup on Wikipedia

Random information on the term “WORLD”:

Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the only astronomical object known to harbor life. According to radiometric dating and other sources of evidence, Earth formed over 4.5 billion years ago.[24][25][26] Earth’s gravity interacts with other objects in space, especially the Sun and the Moon, Earth’s only natural satellite. Earth revolves around the Sun in 365.26 days, a period known as an Earth year. During this time, Earth rotates about its axis about 366.26 times.[n 5]

Earth’s axis of rotation is tilted with respect to its orbital plane, producing seasons on Earth.[27] The gravitational interaction between Earth and the Moon causes ocean tides, stabilizes Earth’s orientation on its axis, and gradually slows its rotation.[28] Earth is the densest planet in the Solar System and the largest of the four terrestrial planets.[29]

Earth’s lithosphere is divided into several rigid tectonic plates that migrate across the surface over periods of many millions of years. About 71% of Earth’s surface is covered with water, mostly by oceans.[30] The remaining 29% is land consisting of continents and islands that together have many lakes, rivers and other sources of water that contribute to the hydrosphere. The majority of Earth’s polar regions are covered in ice, including the Antarctic ice sheet and the sea ice of the Arctic ice pack. Earth’s interior remains active with a solid iron inner core, a liquid outer core that generates the Earth’s magnetic field, and a convecting mantle that drives plate tectonics.

WORLD on Wikipedia